Monday, December 8, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree




Matthew has been really busy at work lately. I mean really busy. I usually dont see him until nine or ten at night. While I support him and am soooo grateful for all his hard work, I get lonely. The best cure for my loneliness is Christmas. Thank goodness for music, decorations, and holiday baking. While shopping with my family at Restoration Hardware we saw this beautiful wreath of red berries and pomegranates. I was tempted to purchase one, except for the fact that they were $100 each! I figured I could make one for less than that so my sister, my parents and I went searching for our supplies. About $40 later we had everything we needed to make a beautiful wreath. The joy of Christmas was combined with the joy of saving money! I know Matthew was appreciative of that.

In accordance with our desire to save money, we decided (or rather I persuaded Matt) to get a small Christmas tree, instead of no Christmas tree at all. Because our car has been broken for the past week, we walked to the grocery store and picked out the biggest tree they had. This was in fact difficult, as the available options were slim. Walking home with our Christmas tree was quite an adventure. We were honked at and admired and although we may have looked silly, I loved it! Our tiny tree, definitely did not need all the decorations I had prepared for it, but it is mine and Matthew's first Christmas tree together. It is perfect!

6 comments:

jenn said...

LOVE IT! You are so creative! Happy Birthday Matt! We love you!

Ashley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashley said...

You are too cute for words!

Jake said...

Merry Christmas Bos Family. You are so creative with the wreath and with the tree. Everything looks just perfect. Love you guys!

Jake said...

Just another thought! Our first Christmas tree was a small, living, potted Norfolk Pine tree - much smaller than yours. Now we have a ten foot tree, but it doesn't look any grander than that first one. Thanks for the memory.

Emily Lynn said...

HOW FUN! I love your wreath Corinne! You should blog the instructions. I'd love to make one for next year! :)