On our way to the windmills, we couldnt help but stop and smell the roses, literally, the rose garden was beautiful.
Sunday, July 19, 2009
One Stop Shop
One of the many reasons we like living in the Bay Area is that we live so close to such a big city. San Francisco is like a tourist's buffet. There is no better example of this than our travels to the beautiful Golden Gate park this weekend. It is the Costco of all parks, a one stop shop! We were only at the park for approximately four hours but saw the following in that short amount of time. First we visited the De Young museum and discovered ancient african artifacts, early american furniture, sculptures, and modern art to name a few. (One of our favorites was the glass sculpture of a woman who when captured with light is illuminating; pictured below.)
Next we went to the Japanese tea garden. It should be no surprise to anyone that we were too cheap to pay to go inside. We felt a picture in front of it would suffice. 
On our way to the windmills, we couldnt help but stop and smell the roses, literally, the rose garden was beautiful.
As Matt might try to claim, he wanted to see the windmill to honor his dutch heritage. The fact of the matter was that it was free and perhaps a good photo opportunity.
We showed up just in time to watch this couple get married.
Our day wouldnt be complete without a trip to the beach! A good 80% of the park is still unexplored. We cant blame you if you want to visit, our door is always open!
On our way to the windmills, we couldnt help but stop and smell the roses, literally, the rose garden was beautiful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
i might take you up on that. never been to san francisco!!! :) that looked like so much fun!
Beautiful, Corinne! I love the Bay area. Eating at Jack London Square. Ghirardelli's AND Guittard chocolate... riding a trolley with the gay guys and wandering Fisherman's Wharf looking for the most amazing seafood dinner ever... I'm glad you guys are enjoying this time!!!
I enjoyed seeing the Japanese Tea Garden as a kid - running down the winding paths, climbing over the picturesque bridges, and feeding those fish. I don't think there was an admission charge back in the 50s. We'll take you there when we come to visit - our treat. I don't remember the windmill, looks like some great photo ops.
looks like fun times! I guess we missed those when we came. We saw some pretty cool stuff too though. I like the one of you smelling the roses!
Reminds me of when the hubby and I honeymooned in SF and surrounding area. I am a big No/Cal fan! I will have to send CORINNE some cash to enter some of these tourist attractions -- if I send some to Matt, it would probably go into a mattress somewhere... ;)
seriously i want to visit! That sounds like so much fun. Are there a lot of things that you haven't seen yet? It seems like there are so many fun things to do there.
Just an observation: on your header photo, you both cock the same right eyebrow up ever so slightly. How super cute, you two!
Post a Comment