Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year!

 

Matt had to work on New Years Eve, and well, so did I, but I dont think you can call what I do, work. I help an older woman in our ward with her erands and house chores. I love it! Anyways, when I got home from "work" I started on a nice dinner for two made of pork tenderloin, mashed potatoes, zuchini, and salad. I wanted to surprise Matthew with a relaxing New Years Eve since he has been extremely busy at work. We had a nice peaceful dinner, and afterward, like a good husband, Matthew decorated cupcakes with me. I had left over batter and turned the rest into a cake. Thank you Jen for such a wonderful cake platter for Christmas. I am happy to say we used it right away. Then we finished Dark Knight! What a great movie! It took us three days to watch because Matthew gets home from work so late, but it was worth it. To continue our night, we had a blast from the past and watched Waynes World. (Just as funny as I remember.) As soon as our movie ended, the clock struck midnight and we celebrated with some sparkling cider. (I had to search everywhere for it at the grocery store because they had alcohol everywhere else!) We went to bed shortly after and had the opportunity to sleep in! I made coffee cake, that sad to say, didnt turn out very well so Matt had some cereal. For the rest of the day we went to the Lafayette Resevoir, played bocce ball, went to lunch/dinner and discussed our New Years goals. Monthly temple attendance is #1 on our list. We are excited for the new year and for what the future holds in store!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jake said...

Matt and Corinne - you rock. I wish for you both the very best for 2009. Somewhere among your resolutions I hope you will plan for a visit to Texas, maybe to celebrate New Year at the Alamo. Remember the Alamo?

R. Patton said...

Matt - did you know how lucky you are?!? I am glad Corinne is working on fattening you up! Savor these moments - before you know it, you will have three kids, no time for anything, and a special dinner will include the use of a crock-pot...