Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Mount Diablo



Since moving out to San Francisco, Matt and I have basically been keeping each other company. We dont have very many friends yet. In fact, we have one set of friends. We met them in our ward about a month ago and have hung out with them many times since. Jeremy and Rachel grew up in the area so they have taken us to places not very many people know about. This past Saturday we went on a hike up Mount Diablo. Although many people know about the mountain, not very many people know about the rock slide on the way down. Basically you end up surfing down the rocks. Matt and I both realized we felt like a kid again while we were "surfing" the rocks; feeling like we should be getting in trouble, but definitely enjoying ourselves. The hike ended with a beautiful sunset and wide open space. We couldnt see anyone else on the mountain. These places really do exist so close to a big city!

4 comments:

Kerstin Miller said...

OOOOh! More updates! Looks like fun. I'm glad you have friends to hang out with!

Jake said...

I like these pictures - especially of Corinne and Matt. You got some good shots - the gnarly tree, the old water tank, pictures from the top of Mount Diablo. I don't know which is my favorite - they're all different and remind me of fun hikes Beth and I sometimes take. You'll have to take us there. Pop

R. Patton said...

Loooove this blog so far! Your place is totally cute and the area, divine! How blessed you two are! We miss our Californian lovebirds!

Ashley said...

Looks like you too are having a lot of fun with your new friends. I love all the artistic pictures too.